In addition to our existing procedures and our adherence to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP), which governs our approach to handling personal information, we've adopted the following privacy principles from the Canadian Standards Association's Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information:
Lüm Mobile is responsible for the personal information under our control and we've designated a Chief Privacy Officer (CPO) to be accountable for our compliance with the privacy principles.
We'll identify the purpose for collecting personal information at or before the time the information is collected.
We require the knowledge and consent of the customer for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information except where it is impractical or inappropriate to do so, such as in emergency situations.
We'll limit the collection of personal information to what is necessary for the purposes identified by the company. We will collect personal information by fair and lawful means.
We won't use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. We retain personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
Personal information will be as accurate, complete, and up tot date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
We'll protect personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
We'll make readily available, to customers and employees, specific information about its policies and procedures relating to the management of personal information.
Upon request, customers and employees shall be informed of the existence, use, and disclsure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to that information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
A customer may address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to the Chief Privacy Officer.
We collect information from you when you provide your information through the use one of our digital channels such as our website, mobile applications, or when you interact with us using other digital channels such as social media platforms, online chat applications, on our Member Forum, or any other contact you may have with us in writing or verbally. When you sign up for service you are consenting to the collection of this information. We may also collect information about you from third parties that have the right to disclose such information to us.
We may collect the following personal information:
Account/Contact Information such as your name, mailing address, phone number, account number, date of birth, email address, nickname, user ID, and password
Demographic Information such as gender, nationality, household makeup, and previous phone provider if you choose to provide us with this information.
Financial Information such as debit or credit card information to process your purchases.
Location Information such as your phone’s physical location may be used to provide you with enhanced services, identify your location for 911 calls, or to help ensure the security of your account.
Transactional Information about your purchases and use of our products and services.
Phone Information such as model, manufacturer, software version, IMEI, and IP address. This information allows us to identify and communicate with your phone, fix bugs, and guide our decisions about how we can improve your experience and make our applications more useful to you in the future.
Biometric Data for the use of convenience login features such as Face ID, Touch ID, or Remember Me is stored in and controlled by your phone settings. Our apps may utilize these features to authenticate you, but we never have access to the biometric data.
Social Network Data such as aggregated statistics may be shared with Lüm Mobile by third party social media platforms when interacting with our brand through those platforms.
Online chat sessions to or from our service representatives may be monitored and/or recorded. Your telephone number, email address, and chat discussions with our representatives (including automated chat assistants) are retained for our mutual protection, to enhance customer service, improve interactions with our representatives, and to confirm our discussions with you.
Other information such as any feedback you may provide to us, information shared in the Member Forum, or information on web forms that you may choose to fill in. Feedback or information you provide to us may be used to better understand our customers, website visitors, and mobile app users.
From time to time, we may obtain any of the above information from 3rd party companies and combine it with information we have about you.
Services and devices to access our services may be purchased for family use and therefore used by children without our knowledge. When this happens, information collected may appear to us to be associated with the adult customer who subscribes to our services and will be treated as the adult’s information under this policy.
To establish and maintain a responsible relationship with you and to provide you with ongoing service.
To develop, enhance, market, or provide products and services to you. These may not be products and services we sell, but instead, those we think you might be interested in, for example, devices or applications.
To manage your account and understand your needs and preferences.
To detect and prevent potential fraud or illegal or inappropriate use of our services.
To manage and develop our business, including personnel and employment matters. For example, we analyze the usage of our networks to plan for future growth. Your use of our services creates personal information, such as usage information.
To meet legal and regulatory requirements. For example, we may collect information to respond to a court order.
Personal information is not sold or rented to any parties. It will be shared within our organization, which includes SaskTel. We also share this information with the companies we select as our business partners and who supply services to us. However, we require them, by contract, to honor our privacy principles in the handling of personal information they obtain from us.
The information provided to our business partners is used only for that purpose and any disclosure outside of Lüm Mobile is made on a confidential basis. Should we sell a part of our business, merge, or amalgamate part or all of our business with another entity, we may need to disclose customer information as part of the transaction. This is a normal business practice in any such transaction. Any such disclosure would be subject to appropriate privacy and security safeguards.
In certain circumstances in which it is necessary to do so, or where permitted by law, we may disclose your personal information without your consent to the following parties:
you, or an agent who, in the reasonable judgement of Lüm Mobile, is seeking information on your behalf,
another telephone company and then only if the information is required for the efficient and cost effective delivery of telephone services, disclosure is made on a confidential basis, and the telephone company agrees to use the information only for that purpose,
a company involved in supplying the customer with telecommunications or directory-related services, only if the information is required by that company for that purpose, disclosure is made on a confidential basis, and that company agrees to use the information only for that purpose,
a party used by Lüm Mobile to evaluate the customer's creditworthiness or collect the customer's account, only if the information is required by that party for that purpose, disclosure is made on a confidential basis, and that party agrees to use the information only for that purpose,
a public authority or agent of a public authority, if in the reasonable judgement of Lüm Mobile it appears that there is imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information,
law enforcement or other government agencies if we are required to do so to meet legal and regulatory requirements; for exampe, if Lüm Mobile is required to provide records to law enforcement in response to a valid court order.
The information you provide to us is securely maintained and kept confidential. Information is retained in secure facilities and protected from unauthorized access. We provide technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect your information against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure.
For some services, we use service providers located in another country to process and store information related to that service and as a result foreign governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through the laws of that country.
We'd like to have your consent to continue to collect, use, and disclose your personal information for the purposes that we have outlined.
However, you do have choices.
You can have your name removed from our marketing lists. By doing so, you may not be made aware of certain products, services, and promotions we offer. However, you'll continue to be contacted as necessary to service your account. If at any time you wish to reverse your decision, you may update your preferences in your myLüm account.
You may refuse to provide personal information to us. You may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal, contractual, or practical restrictions and reasonable notice. However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you. When you contact us, we will confirm that you are the registered customer. Please know that withdrawing your consent may prevent us from providing you with service and products in certain circumstances.
Our personnel are required to complete mandatory privacy training courses, and general staff education and training, to enhance awareness of responsibilities and commitments towards the proper handling of customer's personal information in accordance with our policies and procedures.
We may update this statement from time to time as reflected in the effective date of this document, so please review it periodically. You're also encouraged to review Lüm Mobile Terms of Service, Member Forum Terms of Service and Website Terms and Conditions provided on this website. They, too, are provided for your information and protection.
Chief Privacy Officer
13th Floor - 2121 Saskatchewan Drive
If we are unable to resolve your concern to your satisfaction, you may contact the Saskatchewan Information and Privacy Commissioner by writing to:
Saskatchewan Information and Privacy Commissioner
503 – 1801 Hamilton Street
Toll Free Telephone (within Saskatchewan): 1-877-748-2298
Last modified: December 3, 2021
- Included in your membership is:
- the option to purchase Canada Data and Travel Data
- a phone number or moving your existing phone number from another provider
- service activation with no additional charge
- one SIM card with your first membership
- unlimited incoming text (SMS) messages, and
- Call Display and access to Call Forwarding, Call Waiting, and Three-way calling.
- Membership purchase does not include data.
- You must purchase Canada Data with your first membership purchase.
- Memberships auto-renew with current in market pricing to help you avoid losing your data balance. You can opt-out of membership auto-renewal in your myLüm account. If your membership expires, your account will be suspended, and you’ll lose access to wireless services through Lüm.
- There is a 15-day trial period for new memberships that starts on the date of activation. If a membership is cancelled during the 15-day trial period, a full refund for the membership fee, 9-1-1 fees, taxes and the Talk & Text add-on will be provided.
- There is no refund for Canada or Travel Data that has been purchased. After the trial period, memberships can be cancelled at anytime, but no refunds will be provided.
- The membership fee does not include 9-1-1 fees or taxes.
- When you talk, send a text message, or use data, the applicable data cost is deducted from your data balance unless you have the Talk and Text add-on.
- Your data balance does not expire while you have an active membership, but once a membership expires, any data remaining expires 60 days after your membership end date.
- When you are getting close to using up your data, we will send you a notification (unless you choose to opt-out of the notification). If you run out of data, you will not be able to use any services. If you run out of data, 9-1-1 calls can still be made.
- Data purchases cannot be transferred to another customer.
- Auto-recharge can be turned on in your myLüm account to automatically purchase data for you when your balance is close to running out
- If you have data set to auto-recharge, it will automatically purchase data at the current in-market rate.
- When you talk, send a text message, or use data while in Canada, the applicable data amount is deducted from your data balance. For more details see Terms of Service.
- You can purchase Travel Data to roam in the U.S. and Mexico where service is available. Data purchased for Canada cannot be used in the U.S. and Mexico Travel Data:
- may only be used outside of Canada;
- cannot be transferred to the Canada data balance; and
- is non-refundable.
- Every time you talk, send a message, or use data, the applicable cost is deducted from your Travel Data balance. Outgoing text messages are deducted from the data balance at a rate of 1 MB per message. All incoming and outgoing calls are deducted from the data balance at a rate of 1 MB per minute. MMS messages are deducted from the data balance based on the actual size of the picture or video.
- The Talk & Text add-on does not include calls made and messages sent while roaming outside of Canada.
- Travel Data cannot be set to auto-pay.
- If you purchase $100 in Travel Data in any 30-day period, you will be required to consent to purchases over $100.
- The Talk & Text add-on includes unlimited outgoing calls and messages while you are in Canada to Canada and the U.S.
- It also includes incoming calls and text messages while you are in Canada from Canada and the U.S.
- The Talk & Text add-on does not include calls made and messages sent while roaming outside of Canada. Picture and video messages (MMS) are not included in the Talk & Text add-on.
- The Talk & Text add-on will automatically renew when your membership auto-renews, and you will be charged the current in-market rate. You can cancel the Talk & Text add-on at any time but it will not be refunded.
- A 9-1-1 fee applies to all memberships purchased for Lüm Mobile. The fee is an amount we must pay to the 9-1-1 service operator for 9-1-1 to work on your phone.
- This fee will be charged in addition to the membership fee whenever a membership is purchased.
- The 9-1-1 fee is charged for the total number of months that your membership is valid.
- If your membership is cancelled with more than a month remaining, the unused portion of the 9-1-1 fee will be refunded back to the payment card on your account.
- See 9-1-1 Limitations.
- "Existing" Lüm customers can share their referral code with a friend to refer them to Lüm. A customer is "Existing" if they have purchased / have an active Membership.
- "New" Lüm customer (that cannot already be an active Lüm customer) uses the referral code to redeem the promotion.
- New Lüm customer must apply referral code during their first membership purchase and will save $25 on the first purchase. New customers can save a maximum of $25 with the promotion.
- After New customer successfully receives promotion, the Existing customer automatically saves $25 off the price of their next membership renewal. For Referral promos applied after February 4, 2022 – Existing customers must renew their membership before it expires to receive their promo. If Existing customer lets their membership expire – they cannot receive the referral promo until a future renewal where membership is renewed before it expires. Keep auto-pay on for membership renewals to guarantee referral savings!
- Existing customer can refer up to a maximum of 2 friends and receive two $25 discounts for a total savings of $50 off their next membership renewal.
- Existing customer that refers more than 2 friends cannot carry-over the extra/ additional referrals to their next membership renewal.
- After a membership renewal, Existing customer referral count goes back to zero, and are eligible to keep referring & can again receive up to two $25 discounts (for a total of $50) off their next membership renewal.
- Existing customer cannot refer the same friend multiple times.
- The promotional discounts only apply to a purchase with Lüm – it has no cash value and will never be refunded as cash in the event of cancelling service.
- If the New customer purchases service but then cancels their service within 15 days of activating – the Existing customer will not receive the promotion.
- May not be able to combine this promotion with other offers.
- Promotion is subject to change or end at anytime.
- Customers must reside in Saskatchewan and have a billing and shipping address within the province to sign up for the Service.
- You must bring your own phone.
- Your phone and its software must meet minimum Lüm network standards. Our network standards will be updated sometimes, and you may no longer be able to use the service without - upgrading your software or phone.
- You can use the Service within Lüm’s coverage areas in Saskatchewan or areas served by companies with whom we have roaming agreements in the rest of Canada.
- You can call and text numbers in Canada, the U.S., and Mexico. You cannot receive international calls and text messages from countries other than Canada, the U.S., and Mexico. The U.S. includes Alaska, Hawaii and the country of Guam.
- Roaming is available in the U.S. and Mexico where Lüm has agreements with roaming partners. Coverage areas, and the connectivity in these areas, will depend on the availability of network facilities which is subject to change from time to time, without notice.
Lüm Mobile services are meant to be used primarily within Saskatchewan. If more than half of your data usage on an ongoing basis is occurring outside of Saskatchewan, Lüm Mobile reserves the right to limit your data, the amount of data transferred, deny, suspend, or terminate the service or any part, component, or feature thereof, without notice, to anyone believed to be using any Lüm Mobile wireless service or feature in any manner that adversely impacts Lüm Mobile.
Speeds are limited by environmental factors including tower locations, distance from cell sites, network congestion, tower hand-offs, and phone used.
We are not responsible for the operation of public alerting systems, including the Alert Ready System. We do not control the content, timing and/or who can receive messages. See alertready.ca/wireless for current alerts and further details.