Read More About How the Lüm Team is Committed to Environmental Sustainability
In today's world where tech is a huge part of our daily lives, our trusty smartphones have become like an extension of ourselves. But, with the r...
What do you get when a lot of people take small actions? Big changes. It’s not a joke – it's our whole philosophy. Our digital only service model keeps our eco footprint small. But that’s just the beginning! We are on a journey to be kind to the environment and invite you to join us!
Lüm Mobile is committed to use our voice and social media to share information to spark conversations and inspire actions to help the environment.
Let’s get started!
When we mail your SIM card, we’ll include a little something extra: a packet of locally sourced, native wildflower seeds that you can plant in your yard, a window box,or even a boulevard garden. In the cooler months, start the plants indoors and move them outside in the spring! Your new wildflower garden is more than a pretty space -- it’s one square meter of pollinator habitat and one small step for sustainability.
Saskatchewan is home to hundreds of pollinator species like leafcutter bees, bumble bees, butterflies, moths, insects, and hummingbirds. These pollinators help grow crops that are responsible for 1 out of every 2 bites of food we eat and habitat loss is the biggest single threat they face. Your new patch of wildflowers may seem like a small contribution, but it’s actually a pretty big deal!
Join us in making smart environmental choices, taking small steps to improve our world, and doing your part to ensure our planet is sustainable for years to come.
Read More About How the Lüm Team is Committed to Environmental Sustainability
We love watching our small actions add up to big change. Follow us on Instagram to learn more and share what you and your community are doing!
We love sharing the importance of pollinators such as bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds. Bee and pollinator populations have been declining due to the decrease in habitat and increase in pesticides. How can we help? Planting!
By planting patches of pollinator habitat, we can create a network of pollinator corridors and homes for bees and pollinators and increase biodiversity. Follow us on Instagram @lummobile as we share ways you can help protect our pollinators!
Making your home more "green" or eco-friendly doesn't just benefit the environment — it can benefit your wallet, too! We spend a significant amount of time at home and making some small changes can have a big impact.
Try using natural cleaning products, donating old furniture or belongings instead of trashing it, and swap your light bulbs for more energy efficient ones! Being intentionally eco-wise is just as good for the environment as it is for your bank account.
Saskatchewan produces the second-highest amount of waste per capita in Canada - every year each resident of the province generates an average of 842 kg of waste. We want to inspire our followers to create their own compost bin at home and provide the education/resources to get started.
Composting at home is one of the simplest and most effective ways to decrease the amount of garbage we make. It prevents methane pollution from forming at landfills, and helps us build healthy, fertile soil for our own plants and gardens.
Recycling is a well-known concept, but how much do we really know about what we can or cannot recycle? As kids, we were taught about the traditional reduce, reuse, recycle, but things have changed.
Follow us on Instagram @lummobile and join us as we explore how to level-up our recycling game!
- Included in your membership is:
- the option to purchase Canada Data and Travel Data
- a phone number or moving your existing phone number from another provider,
- service activation with no additional charge
- one SIM card or eSIM with your first membership
- unlimited incoming text (SMS) messages, and
- Call Display and access to Call Forwarding, Call Waiting, and Three-way calling.
- Membership purchase does not include data.
- You must purchase Canada Data with your first membership purchase.
- Memberships auto-renew with current in market pricing to help you avoid losing your data balance. You can opt-out of membership auto-renewal in your myLüm account. If your membership expires, your account will be suspended, and you’ll lose access to wireless services through Lüm.
- There is a 15-day trial period for new memberships that starts on the date of activation. If a membership is cancelled during the 15-day trial period, a full refund for the membership fee, 911 fees, taxes and the Talk & Text add-on will be provided.
- There is no refund for Canada or Travel Data that has been purchased. After the trial period, memberships can be cancelled at anytime, but no refunds will be provided.
- The membership fee does not include 9-1-1 fees or taxes.
- When you talk, send a text message, or use data, the applicable data cost is deducted from your data balance unless you have the Talk and Text add-on.
- Calls and text messages made while using Wi-Fi Calling are charged the same as all other calls and text messages.
- Your data balance does not expire while you have an active membership, but once a membership expires, any data remaining expires 60 days after your membership end date.
- When you are getting close to using up your data, we will send you a notification (unless you choose to opt-out of the notification). If you run out of data, you will not be able to use any services. If you run out of data, 9-1-1 calls can still be made.
- Data purchases cannot be transferred to another customer.
- Auto-recharge can be turned on in your myLüm account to automatically purchase data for you when your balance is close to running out
- If you have data set to auto-recharge, it will automatically purchase data at the current in-market rate.
- When you talk, send a text message, or use data while in Canada, the applicable data amount is deducted from your data balance. For more details see Terms of Service.
- You can purchase Travel Data to roam in the U.S. and Mexico where service is available. Data purchased for Canada cannot be used in the U.S. and Mexico Travel Data:
- may only be used outside of Canada;
- cannot be transferred to the Canada data balance; and
- is non-refundable.
- Every time you talk, send a message, or use data, the applicable cost is deducted from your Travel Data balance. Outgoing text messages are deducted from the data balance at a rate of 1 MB per message. All incoming and outgoing calls are deducted from the data balance at a rate of 1 MB per minute. MMS messages are deducted from the data balance based on the actual size of the picture or video.
- The Talk & Text add-on does not include calls made and messages sent while roaming outside of Canada.
- Travel Data cannot be set to auto-pay.
- If you purchase $100 in Travel Data in any 30-day period, you will be required to consent to purchases over $100.
- The Talk & Text add-on includes unlimited outgoing calls and messages while you are in Canada to Canada and the U.S.
- It also includes incoming calls and text messages while you are in Canada from Canada and the U.S.
- The Talk & Text add-on does not include calls made and messages sent while roaming outside of Canada. Picture and video messages (MMS) are not included in the Talk & Text add-on.
- The Talk & Text add-on will automatically renew when your membership auto-renews, and you will be charged the current in-market rate. You can cancel the Talk & Text add-on at any time but it will not be refunded.
- Voicemail boxes can store up to 25 messages. Messages can be up to 3 minutes in duration.
- The voicemail service add-on will automatically renew when your membership auto-renews, and you will be charged the current in-market rate.
- You can cancel voicemail service at any time, but it will not be refunded.
- You are responsible for protecting your mailbox by regularly updating your password.
- Calls into the voicemail service from your Lüm phone are not deducted from your data balance.
- A 9-1-1 fee applies to all memberships purchased for Lüm Mobile. The fee is an amount we must pay to the 9-1-1 service operator for 9-1-1 to work on your phone.
- This fee will be charged in addition to the membership fee whenever a membership is purchased.
- The 9-1-1 fee is charged for the total number of months that your membership is valid.
- If your membership is cancelled with more than a month remaining, the unused portion of the 9-1-1 fee will be refunded back to the payment card on your account.
- See 9-1-1 Limitations.
New Customer Offer
- Offer available to "New" Lüm customers. "New" Lüm customers are defined as a customer that has not had a Lüm Mobile membership in the past 6 months. New Linked accounts are eligible if the linked account is a "New" Lüm customer.
- "New" Lüm customers receive up to an $86 discount off their first purchase. The discount is automatically applied. The total invoice can be reduced to $0.26 by the applicable discount. A total invoice can be $0.26 but not less.
- The promotional discount can be applied to any membership and data purchase available to new customers at the time of the offer.
- The promotional discount only applies to a purchase with Lüm – it has no cash value and will never be refunded as cash in the event of cancelling service.
- Offer can be combined with Refer a Friend offer.
- Offer available for a limited time.
- Offer is subject to change or may end at any time.
- "Existing" Lüm customers can share their referral code with a friend to refer them to Lüm. A customer is "Existing" if they have purchased / have an active Membership.
- "New" Lüm customer (that cannot already be an active Lüm customer) uses the referral code to redeem the promotion.
- New Lüm customer must apply referral code during their first membership purchase and will save $25 on the first purchase. New customers can save a maximum of $25 with the promotion.
- After New customer successfully receives promotion, the Existing customer automatically saves $25 off the price of their next membership renewal. Existing customers must renew their membership before it expires to receive their promo. If Existing customer lets their membership expire – they cannot receive the referral promo until a future renewal where membership is renewed before it expires. Keep auto-pay on for membership renewals to guarantee referral savings!
- Existing customer can refer up to a maximum of 2 friends and receive two $25 discounts for a total savings of $50 off their next membership renewal.
- Existing customer that refers more than 2 friends cannot carry-over extra/ additional referrals to their next membership renewal.
- After a membership renewal, Existing customer referral count goes back to zero, and are eligible to keep referring & again receive up to two $25 discounts (for a total of $50) off their next membership renewal.
- Existing customer cannot refer the same friend multiple times.
- The promotional discounts only apply to a purchase with Lüm – it has no cash value and will never be refunded as cash in the event of cancelling service.
- If the New customer purchases service but then cancels their service within 15 days – the Existing customer will not receive the promotion.
- Promotion is subject to change or end at anytime.
- Customers must reside in Saskatchewan and have a billing and shipping address within the province to sign up for the Service.
- You must bring your own phone.
- Your phone and its software must meet minimum Lüm network standards. Our network standards will be updated sometimes, and you may no longer be able to use the service without - upgrading your software or phone.